I absolutely loooove food. I am not picky, and I’m always craving something. And that was the beginning of how I started to enjoy cooking. Today I will share with you my recent favorite when it comes to preparing salmon. It’s very healthy, very easy, and super delicious. Here comes my recipe for seared salmon with a tasty and simple salad on the side.
The benefits of salmon and seafood in general
So many of us eat fish and seafood way too little. If there is one thing I can remember my grandpa always talking about, it was the benefits of eating fish. Of course, he would say that, since he loved both fishing and eating fish. Lucky for me, so did I. One of my favorite activities as a youngster was going out with him to fish and hear all of his stories.
And thanks to that, I have always made sure to eat enough fish and seafood. If you don’t know why salmon is so good for you already, you can read it HERE.
In addition to that it, in general, is really good for you, it’s perfect to eat if you are working out or trying to keep healthy. If you want to read some tips about how to workout at home, you can press HERE.
How to make this yummy dish:
To make my favorite salmon recipe, you need the following ingredients:
- Salmon fillets (as many as you want to make)
- Some olive oil (just a couple of tablespoons)
- A can of lentils
- 2 lemons, cut in half
- A small cucumber (cut into small pieces)
- 1/2 red onion (finely chopped)
- Dijon mustard (just a couple of tablespoons)
- Some baby spinach
- A bit of fresh dill (roughly chopped)
- Some fresh thyme
- Salt & pepper
So what should you now do with these ingredients? This:
- First season the salmon with some salt and pepper, while you heat the skillet of your choice on medium. Add a bit of oil to the pan (just remember, not too much). Put in the salmon, and in addition to that, you should add the lemons that you’ve cut in half. Remember to put them in with the cut-side down. Cook the salmon until it’s opaque throughout. It should be approximately 5 minutes on each side… But as always when you cook something, keep an eye on it during the process. At the end of the searing process, you take the lemons and squeeze it over the salmon. Yummy!
- While you sear the salmon, you should mix together some more lemon juice, mustard, a tiny bit of oil, and some salt and pepper. And don’t forget to stir in thyme.
- Mix this homemade salad dressing with the finely chopped onion and the lentils. When you’ve mixed this properly you can mix in the cucumber, dill, and spinach.
- When the salmon is ready, you put everything on a plate – and voila!
Mix it up as much as you want – salmon goes well with anything
Salmon is such a versatile ingredient, and it basically goes well with anything. Thanks to that, you can combine it with almost anything. If you prefer a different salad or some potatoes on the side, go ahead. I’m sure the result will be really yummy no matter what you combine it with.